subpage flowers image


You asked the following question: - What is the difference between in-state and out-of-state residency?

In-State vs. Out-Of-State Residency

Residency/Immigration status will affect how much you are charged for taking classes.

Generally, a US citizen who is not a resident of California, is considered an out-of-state student.  To be considered a in-state student, you must be able to document that you have resided in the State of California for a minimum of 12 months. 

Holders of some visas are not eligible for residency status. 

For more information, contact the Admissions & Records offices.  For a listing of fees, tuition and residency, please visit our Fees & Refunds page.

Are you satisfied with your answer?